Edwardian Silver Butt Marker 'Ladykirk Estate' Berwickshire

A BARRATT & SONS, LONDON 1907
Photo 1 of 14

A good Edwardian silver Butt Marker of plain rectangular form with hinged lid and attached suspension ring, the silver gilt interior containing 8 numbered pegs. The case engraved for W.H.Askew, the Laird of the Ladykirk Estate, Berwshire, Scotland.

By A Barratt & Sons, London, 1907

£1350.00

Condition
In good condition with no damage or repair
Dimensions
H
53  mm (2.09 inches)
W
14  mm (0.55 inches)
D
15  mm (0.59 inches)
Weight
18.00 Grams (0.58 troy ounces)
Country
England
Stock Code
LR300315B
Medium
Silver
Provenance
Ladykirk is a village on the B6470 in the Scottish Borders area of Scotland, and the former Berwickshire, just north of the River Tweed and the Anglo-Scottish border. The town was formerly known as Upsettlington, but King James IV of Scotland renamed the town Ladykirk; the church is also known as St. Mary's Church or Kirk of Steill. Ladykirk stands directly opposite Norham Castle, Northumberland, England