Cased Pair Silver & Enamel Menu Holders Oxford University & Charterhouse School

J.W.Benson Ltd, Birmingham c1910
Photo 1 of 13

A good pair of early 20th century cased silver and enamel Menu Holders, the shield shaped stands on octagonal bases, enameled with the Coats of Arms of Oxford University and Charterhouse School. Complete with original silk and velvet lined red leather case.

By J.W.Benson Ltd, Birmingham 1909 & 1912.

Charterhouse is a boarding school in Godalming, Surrey. Originally founded by Thomas Sutton in 1611 on the site of the old Carthusian monastery in Charterhouse Square, Smithfield, London, it educates over 800 pupils, aged 13 to 18 years, and is one of the original Great Nine English public schools. Today pupils are still referred to as Carthusians, and ex-pupils as Old Carthusians. The arms are those of Sutton (Or, on a chevron between three annulets gules as many crescents of the field).

£325.00

Condition
In good condition with no damage or repair.
Dimensions
H
29 mm (1.14 inches)
W
33 mm (1.30 inches)
Weight
46.00 Grams (1.48 troy ounces)
Country
England
Stock Code
LR140120B
Medium
Silver & Enamel